Having confidence doesn’t come easy, I believe it is something everyone will feel depleted of at some point. Especially for me after having 3 kids you naturally have physical insecurities that can open those feelings of not being confident with yourself. One thing about confidence is it can be so liberating, and honestly make you feel that you can do/complete anything!
Have you struggled with not having a lot of confidence? I HAVE! Whether it’s rooted from physical insecurities, professional, or social you CAN overcome it. The step to overcome having low confidence simply starts with making a choice to believe in yourself and love who you are.
1. Push that self-doubt to the back. I know this sounds easier said than done, but it’s starts with just one thought that you are enough that can lead to a series of more confidence boosting thoughts.
2. Establish a workout regime: Getting back in the groove of working out can be absolutely tough to do. I understand that. However, if I have not worked out I feel sluggish and not like myself. And on top of that it doesn’t help me achieve my fitness goals, which means I am not working on my physical appearance. After I have been on a regular workout regime I feel great about the way I look, and feel I can conquer so much.
3. Circle yourself with people that push you: It’s so important to have a solid foundation around you. People that you not only trust, but wants to see you win. I’m not talking just a YES person, because I don’t need you to say yes if it really should be a no. However, people that have visions, goals, and actually take action on them. If you are around people that are never achieving anything or complain constantly, consider if that is the right choice. That energy transfers.
This even correlates with social media. I personally am very cautious with who I follow on social media. For me I don’t follow a ton of celebrities where my life does not relate at all to them. I typically only follow ones I feel I have something in common with. Example Tamera Mowry-Housley, because let’s be real I’ve always felt like I was her sister haha. Take a look through the list of people you are following. Do they make you feel good? Are you comparing yourself too much to them? Maybe it’s time to click the unfollow button for some people.
4. To continue with comparison. Stop comparing the way you look and someone else successes. Everyone has a journey, everyone has pitfall, and what may be their weakness is your strength. I stopped comparing others life to mine a long time ago. Partly because the blue print of my life is not the same as that other woman that is super successful. As difficult as it may be, the person you think you want to live their life has struggles too. So be happy to be you!
5. Revamp your wardrobe: Is your self-confidence down because you are wearing frumpy clothes, or even clothes that are not flattering for your shape? I know for me I wear clothes for the shape I am in now. I don’t squeeze myself in a size 4, because I am not there. Also, as a busy mom of 3 it’s easy to grab an old t-shirt and mom shorts and run errands. But how does that make you feel? I found simple ways to elevate my wardrobe. Still comfortable but makes me feel good about the way I look.
If you are struggling with low confidence due to physical appearance. Consider evaluating your wardrobe and see if it is uplifting you!
6. Take action on your life: I say this so much, and really mean it. I don’t root my level of confidence in success. However, it does feel great to reach personal goals. I recommend setting goals for yourself if there is something you wish to accomplish. Reaching a goal makes you feel great about yourself. It’s not enough just to have goals but you must take action on them.
7. Get a makeover/spa: Do you feel in a rut with the way you look, and feel it is effecting your confidence? Go get glammed up for a change. Sometimes your need to really get jazzy to really remind yourself that you still got it.
8. Self-Assessment: The only way I could get to the root of what caused lack of confidence was to take some time to self-evaluate what was blocking me from feeling confident. Be honest with yourself. It helps with your individual growth. And ultimately if you can’t even assess own self, how will you ever be receptive when people in your circle have tips to help you develop.
9. Relax: Stop overthinking everything, because in reality half that the stuff you cannot change!
10. Embraces your imperfections: I wish I could say I’m perfect, but I’M NOT! (I am sure those are the words my husband has been waiting to hear haha!) I think when my confidence really grew was as I got older and realized I am imperfectly perfect. This is who I am! Yes I can continue to develop and strengthen myself in certain areas, but ultimately I will still be me. Once I truly accepted that I realized how much being me was a great thing!
Remember to make a choice to push that self-doubt away! Take action on your goals, and wear what makes you feel and look amazing!