The first day of fall started yesterday, and I couldn’t be more excited. This kicks off my most favorite time of the year. My favorite season is fall for many reasons, starting with football is back. We are a football family, and love rooting for our fave teams! Secondly, I love decorating for fall, it brings me so much joy. Honestly, I didn’t have plans to decorate this year, since we are in a temporary space. We don’t close on our new home until the end of next. However, the boys really wanted us to still decorate in some capacity. I had the boys pick from a few spots they wanted decorated, and they decided the front porch (which was secretly my pick).
I was excited to have the opportunity to work with At Home again to grab everything I needed to create a festive space. If you aren’t familiar with At home they have everything from furniture to holiday shops. Making it perfect to get everything you need for your home. One thing I also love is they have rolled out order pick up on many of their items.
1. Pumpkins – You can’t have a fall porch without pumpkins. Get pumpkins in differences shapes and size, along with different colors. I did a mix of At Home pumpkins and real ones.
2. Corn Stalks & Hay – If you can grab 2 for each side of your entryway. Creates great anchors and brings a fullness effect to your decorations. Hay acts as good layering look to allow you more opportunities to use more decor, and to let them be seen.
3. Welcome sign – Truly whether it is seasonal or not, I always think it is a nice added touch to welcome your guests, and makes for an inviting space. I grabbed the Hello Fall along with the Give thanks sign.
4. Scarecrow & Festive accessories – When I saw the scarecrow I had to grab! I thought they were too cute not to get. With decorating have fun with it. Less is not more in this occasion in my opinion.
5. Door Decor – Finish off each project with putting a fun doormat and wreath. Both will end up being the focal point upon entry.
“Hello Fall” Wooden Easel Floor Sign
I strongly recommend spending some time at your local At Home! Especially with the holiday season on the horizon.
What are some of your favorite fall front porch ideas? Let me know in a comment below!
Have something to say?