1. TARGET BRAND DIAPERS: We have two boys and both of them exclusively wore Target brand diapers. Calvin is still using them! This is a must for my family! Yes, I know they’re not Pampers or Huggies, but they have never failed me. I love them for a couple reasons. First, they are priced cheaper than major brands. I can get a large case for about $25-$30 dollars! They used to be even cheaper until they hiked up the price about a year ago. I think Target realized their diapers were a hot commodity. That was definitely a sad day! Even with the price increase they are still cheaper. Secondly, they never give us any problems with absorbance or comfort! I have been very impressed with how much these diapers can hold! So if you have a little one in diapers, strongly considered this they have been great and saved my family money!
2. KIDS MATCHABLES: My boys are rough on clothes and grow like trees! I swear Cameron is always coming home with a hole in his pants. Ugh! I started taking advantage of Target’s matchables section. They have a variety of tops and bottoms that you can mix and match. I will always stock up on their play clothes when Target is running a sale making them $3 and $4 dollars. I pretty much buy every color of shorts and almost all tops. It’s a great way to get a variety in your children’s wardrobe for everyday wear. Although, lately Cameron has been thinking he is a professional athlete and has been wanting all Nike apparel. Well, unless he is going to be paying Nike money for his clothes, I still keep some of his every day clothes from Target.
3. HOME DECOR: I love how over the years Target has really upgraded their decor section. I feel like most times it looks like something you could buy from Pier 1 or Home goods. I love going by and picking up an extra item to add to my house decor. Target really pushes their home decor online, I don’t think I have seen a time where online is not 10% or 20% off home items.
4. SEASONAL ITEMS: Target has saved me quite a bit of times when I have needed either an Easter basket, Valentine’s day cards, or Christmas decor. We moved to Dallas from Michigan, we did not bring our Christmas decorations, and of course didn’t realize it until when we decided to purchase our tree. I happened to have a coupon for $20 off $100 for Christmas decorations and we stocked up. What I love about all of their seasonal items is they are cost effective without looking cheap.
5. WOMEN’S APPAREL: I love getting cute every day dresses, camisoles, and cardigans from Target! I would say those are the major 3 items I get from them. Their cardigans always have cute prints, and hold up pretty well. I mostly wear them to work and church. I love my off the shoulder black dress, and what I love even more is it was less than $30! Target seems to come through when I need to get a quick cute dress or something to wear for an event. I stock up on their camisoles and basic tees when they are running a sale for $5. However, I have seen some clothing items be close to $50, and on those items I pass. At Target I can’t justify paying that for any of their clothing items. Especially if you wait another month and it will probably be 30% off.
WHAT TO PASS ON
1. WOMEN’S FITNESS APPAREL: I rarely get my fitness apparel from Target. Unless they are running a special or sale. Regular price I feel they are priced closely to name brand companies like Nike or Under Armour. Example: Some of their sports bras are $25-$27. I can get a Nike sports bra at that price. Most of their active wear is priced within dollars to some name brands, so unless it is saving me a ton I normally pass on it and go with Nike. Again, make sure you keep your eye out for specials, because that is when you will see a large price difference.
2. JEWELRY: There are a couple different reasons I don’t shop Target’s jewelry too much. The biggest reason is I don’t often see jewelry that I love. I just recently bought some jewelry from Target, but it was the first time in a while that I had. Next, their prices aren’t that cheap for the type of jewelry I would be getting for the quality. I would prefer to head to H&M if I am wanting a cost efficient option.
3. TARGET ROOM ESSENTIAL BATH TOWELS: Very specific I know, haha. I bought a bunch of these for the boys bathroom. Honestly, I haven’t been impressed with the wear on them. I feel that you truly are getting what you pay for with their towels. Although, they are priced cheaper, they do not hold up well. I end up throwing them out after a few months because they are not fluffy and have a ton of snags.
4: ELECTRONICS: Well sort of…if you are eyeing a new TV or iPad try waiting to get it around holiday time. Target has the best deals for electronics around that time. We bought the boys an iPad for Christmas and received a $75 dollar gift card, which we used to get more Christmas gifts. If you can, try saving that big purchase until the holiday season.
5. MEN’S CLOTHING: My husband is really not a fan of Target apparel for men, which I tend to agree. The only time I have gotten him something from the men’s section is if I didn’t have a chance to order it and didn’t want to go to mall. I’ve never been impressed with their clothing styles for men, and neither has my husband. For the price it makes more sense to head to the Gap or Old navy.
Of course there are many more things that I love about Target, but these are some of my personal favorites. If you are on a budget, try to make a detailed list of what you need, and ONLY visit those sections of the store. That has helped me not wander too much in Target. I truly have figured out what Target is great for and what to pass on, and when it’s best to purchase items, which in turn has help save me quite a bit of money and time. 🙂
Comment below with some of your best buys from Target!
Have something to say?